Whether you want to volunteer for a short period of time, or come regularly for a longer period of time, Crossway Community has service-learning opportunities for you. Many of our volunteers have become employees or have gone on to careers in the areas they volunteered. Some of the many choices you have to be involved include:
- Host a one-hour workshop on job readiness and business etiquette to our Family Leadership Academy students. Sample topics include: how to prepare for an interview, what employers look for in an employee, etiquette in a business environment, getting along with co-workers, and career advancement.
- Provide information to Crossway staff about available entry level positions at your company, how your company advertises, what you are looking for in employees, average annual salary, benefits, etc.
- Assist mothers with their monthly budgets, bill paying, and creating long-term financial savings plans as an Economic Literacy Coach.
- Help mothers improve their written and spoken communication skills as a Literacy Coach. Assist women who are trying to enter/re-enter degree programs.
- Tutor Family Leadership Academy students as a Technology Coach by hosting a one-hour workshop or providing small group computer training.
- Design a Microsoft Access database to help Crossway staff track client data, etc.
Call Crossway Community at 301.929.2505 for more information about volunteer opportunities or complete the form below.
Crossway Montessori Programs has a special youth development program for high school and college volunteers. Youth can learn practical skills, give back to the community, and earn service-learning credits. To participate, contact us at 301.929.2505 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.